It’s that time of the year again when bunnies and chocolate eggs can be found pretty much everywhere. Western Easter is on this coming Sunday (April 1st), and Orthodox Easter on the following Sunday (April 8th).
Generations have been following the tradition of going to church on Easter Sunday and coming home to a very rich and delicious Easter lunch. But what if you’re craving something sweet and homemade? Even if you don’t celebrate Easter, you will definitely be eating some sort of treats (at least, you should be!). That is why The Bite put together five super quick and easy goodies to impress family and friends.
Fresh, juicy strawberries dipped in rich melted chocolate to look like carrots. How cute, right? Everyone likes chocolate dipped strawberries, but they will love even more these strawberries that look like adorable little carrots! These are really easy and would make an amazing centerpiece for the dessert table, and you can even add them on cupcakes or on crushed Oreos for an even better treat! These strawberry carrots are perfect for Easter and only require 3 ingredients. They are too cute and easy not to make.
- White Chocolate
- Orange Food Coloring
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate.
- Add orange food coloring to the melted chocolate.
- Dip each strawberry into the chocolate leaving the stem uncovered; then place the dipped strawberry on the baking sheet.
- Place the tray in the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens (about 15 minutes).
- Remove the tray and drizzle more of the orange chocolate in stripes over each dipped strawberry to give it a carrot look.
- Refrigerate again until ready to serve
Chocolate Egg Nests
It takes birds more than 3 days to build a nest in spring, but with this simple recipe, you can make these cute chocolate-pretzel nests in only a few minutes. These take no time and are so easy to make, they are sure to be a hit with everyone!
- Short straight Pretzels
- Chocolate eggs for the top, but you can also use M&Ms or Jelly Beans
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate.
- Stir the melted chocolate and the pretzels together.
- Spray the baking pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Take spoonfuls of the chocolate pretzels and mold into nest shapes.
- Place in the refrigerator to help them set quicker.
- Place the eggs on top.
Bunny cupcakes are a perfect dessert for Easter and a delightful way to welcome spring. They take minimal effort to make and if you want to make it easier, you can use store bought cupcakes and just add the bunny ears on. To make it extra cute, you can also add a little chocolate chip for a nose. These bunny cupcakes are not only charming, but they are sure to make everyone jump for joy!
- Cupcakes (any flavor)
- White frosting
- Large marshmallows
- To make the bunny ears, cut each marshmallow diagonally and then immediately press the sticky side into the sprinkles
- Once the cupcakes are cooled, put the icing and bunny ears on.
Easter Candy Bark
This treat is one of the easiest and least time-consuming to make and the best part about this is that you can decorate and make them in any way you like. Chocolate bunnies, chocolate eggs, marshmallows, jellybeans, and M&Ms are just some of the countless things that you can put on this bark (and you don’t even need to limit yourself to Easter candy). Not only is this delicious, but it is also very fast and very easy to make. What more could you want?
- White chocolate
- Any colorful candy/sprinkles
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate until it is smooth
- Pour the chocolate onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper
- You can decorate the chocolate however you want; with food coloring, candy and/or sprinkles.
- Place in freezer until it hardens
- Remove from freezer and chop it into pieces
If you are in the mood for some tasty animal cookies this Easter, these sweet and simple chick cookies are perfect! Baking isn’t fun if your cookies are exhausting to make, but luckily, these are super easy to make and you can still pack in a huge punch of cuteness.
- Cookie mix or use any cookie recipe
- yellow food coloring
- mini chocolate chips
- a small amount of orange frosting
- Prepare the cookies in any way you want.
- Add several drops of yellow food coloring if you want the yellow color of the chicks to be brighter.
- For each chick, roll two balls of dough. Make sure that one ball is a good bit larger than the other.
- Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet with the smaller ball just touching the larger ball.
- Put in the oven and bake.
- Remove from heat, and while the cookies are still warm, press in two mini chocolate chips for the eyes.
- Once cookies are completely cool, pipe orange frosting onto the bottom of each chick for the feet and pipe a triangle for the beak.
These treats are as fun to make as they are to eat and you’ll be wishing Easter came more often after you have tried these, so it’s a good thing that you can still make and eat these treats at any time of the year!