Since Russia invaded Ukraine on February 24, many of us in neighboring Romania have wondered how safe we are. To find out, podcast hosts Dominick and Luca talked to the Chief Military Liaison Officer Attaché and the Regional Security Officer from the US Embassy in Bucharest.
In this episode, our guests talk about Romania’s alliance with NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) and what that means for Romanian residents. They also discuss evacuation concerns, AISB’s relationship with the American embassy, what’s happening in Moldova, the potential militarization of Romania, and Russian malware and cyber surveillance.
Make sure to listen to the end! And a big thank you to all our guests for providing such valuable information.
- At 2:25 the volume is a little low. Please just increase the volume for the segment with Ms. Kempe. We apologize!
- The American Embassy in Romania’s website, with updates related to Romania’s security.
- Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a free service to allow U.S. citizens and nationals traveling and living abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
- According to the Flight Radar app on March 11, the Boeing KC-135 Stratotanker was circling the skies above Romania. It’s an American military aerial refueling aircraft.
- 2% of GDP Target for defense spending in NATO.
- Switchblades authorized for purchase
- The US Embassy recommends Nord VPN and using strong passwords.