Hello, listeners, and welcome to Dominick and Luca’s very first podcast of the year.
In this episode, they’re interviewing two people in hopes of better understanding the country’s current pandemic situation: a representative from the American Embassy in Romania and a manager of a pharmaceutical company (who wishes to remain anonymous).
Hopefully, these interviews and commentary provide some insight. Enjoy!
- The U.S. Embassy in Romania’s website, with updates on COVID-19.
- Romania suffered through a horrible 4th wave. Here’s just one of the many articles covering this.
- Fake vaccination cards have been a problem in Romania, as explained in this EU Observer article.
- Dominick’s opinion about Covid turning into a seasonal “flu” is shared by many scientists, although no one knows for sure at this point. Here is an article from Nature that explains this in more detail.
- Most people who receive the vaccine have mild side effects, if any. There are a few rare side effects (which are often also associated with getting COVID-19). Here’s an article from John Hopkins Medicine that talks about these effects.
- Luca mentions the Omicron variant. It’s difficult to know what to expect, but scientists are “racing to gauge the threat of Omicron,” according to a recent New York Times article.
- Several pharmaceutical companies are working on antiviral or anti-covid pills. Here’s a recent article from Yale Medicine about the new treatment.
Have ideas for future episodes? Comment below!